We are occasionally offered photography opportunities through our network with charities and the photography community. CoL&CPS members who are interested in any of the opportunities here should contact the organisation directly:
Our project to photograph The City's Livery Halls continues. See Des Hill at a Tuesday meeting for more info on the next dates.
There is a general invitation to CoL&CPS to visit on any day.
Contact: Liz McAllister, Farm Manager. email@example.com
East Anglia Federation of Photographic Societies [EAF]
We belong to the EAF which is a constituent founder Member of the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB), the parent organisation for camera clubs and photographic societies throughout the UK. Having approximately 120 member clubs and societies with in excess of 4500 individual members, the EAF is now the largest federation in the PAGB. The EAF's objectives are:
- to promote the advancement of photography by facilitating contacts and exchange of opinion between members of one society and another
- to promote exhibitions and competitions, to maintain a list of photographic judges and lecturers and organise courses, workshops and events which may be of service to member societies and thus their individual members
Interested in Analogue Photography?
The Reel Film & Pub Club offers CoL&CPS members -and their friends- the opportunity to shoot some film and then discuss their analogue work and other film-related things in the convivial setting of the Masque Haunt [Weatherspoons -Old Street]. These meet-ups are -typically- on a Tuesday afternoon [2nd or 4th/5th Tuesday] starting at 3pm.
The next one is on Tuesday 29 August -watch this space for details of meeting place etc
If you would like to participate -and haven't already expressed an interest- get added to the the mailing list here.
Want to contribute to our local community with some Event Photography?
Islington Council Community Chest annual celebration will be held on Tuesday 04 July from 5-7pm. CoL&CPS members who have volunteered to photograph this in the past have been able to practice/develop their skills at event photography as well as provide a record of the event much appreciated by the participants and the organisers -Cripplegate Foundation and Islington Giving.
Find out more about the organisers at www.cripplegate.org / www.islingtongiving.org.uk
If you are interested in volunteering for this year's event, please contact Patrick.Jones@cripplegate.org or call him on 020 7288 6948
"NCS The Challenge" are offering Paid, Flexible Summer Roles for Photographers [4,500 vacancies]
Fatema Chowdhury, Senior Staffing Associate for NCS, has contacted us with this opportunity
"I am contacting you from The Challenge, a national youth charity and the leading provider of the government's National Citizen Service (NCS). We have paid, short-term summer jobs delivering photography sessions and working closely with young people (15-17 years old) on the NCS programme which is an opportunity that I think would be really relevant to your members. We run this programme all over the UK and in all Boroughs of London and hence we have jobs available in various different locations across London and the UK.
We delivered a really successful programme in 2016 and hopefully, the following stats gives you an idea of what it's like to work on our programme and the types of roles we have available:
- 87% of seasonal staff would recommend working on NCS The Challenge.
- We offered at least 153 Photography Practitioner roles in just London.
- This increases to 311 offers for Photography Practitioners when including other regions e.g. Birmingham, Manchester, etc.
- On a wider scale, we offered 473 Creative Practitioners roles which include other skills (e.g. Music, Drama, Enterprise, etc.)
For summer 2017, we will be looking to recruit 4,500 staff members to work with us on our flagship programme NCS (National Citizen Service). NCS is a three-week programme for 15-17 year olds from all different backgrounds which includes outdoor activities, learning a new skill e.g. Photography, and community volunteering. Over 40,000 young people will complete the NCS programme in our regions in 2017. We have many different roles available for those with varying levels of experience. These roles include the Photography Practitioner role which I believe would of most interest for your members. For summer 2016 we had vacancies for around 300 Photography Practitioners nationally to work on our NCS programme and we will be recruiting for a similar number of roles this year too.
Benefits of working on our programme:
- Paid roles over the summer. £255 for a minimum of 3 days work as a Practitioner. Longer roles available, up to 36 days
- Opportunity to share your creative and entrepreneurial skills/experience
- Flexible work dates and locations
- Great opportunity to work closely with young people, support local community and voluntary organisations and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs
- Fantastic for professional development and looks great on CV!
- Variety of roles available for those with varying levels of experience"
The programme is now open for applications so if you are interested in working with them this summer, NCS seasonal roles available here!
Tommy’s, the national baby charity, is seeking volunteer photographers for various sporting events in London and the UK. If your passion is photography and you would like to develop your skills, we want to hear from you!
Luke Hanns, Events Fundraiser for Tommy's, has asked us to advertise this opportunity
"What will I do?
- Take general and specific shots of Tommy’s runners, the crowds and Tommy’s cheering squads who will be supporting and encouraging the runners.
- Generally capture the energy and atmosphere of the day
- Develop a stunning portfolio and photography skills
- Have lots of fun at the UK’s most iconic running events
We require photographers at 5 events – please let me know which ones you are able to do.
Event 1 Brighton Marathon; Brighton; 9 April
Event 2 London Marathon; Central London; 23 April
Event 3 British 10k; Central London; 9 July
Event 4 Great North Run; Newcastle; 10 September
Event 5 Royal Parks; Central London; 8 October
If you would like to help us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Which events you are able to attend
- Samples of your photography
Expenses (transport and lunch) will be reimbursed."